1/4 Photos of Candy Cane Cookies
Sweet Tooth™'s Note:
Plan ahead...needs to chill. Guests will have a merry time munching these mild mint cookies. The cute crunchy canes are easy to form once you color the dough--just roll into ropes and twist together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- 2Beat in milk, egg and extracts.
- 3Gradually add flour and salt.
- 4Set aside half of the dough.
- 5Divide remaining dough in half; add green food coloring to one portion and red food coloring to the other.
- 6Wrap dough separately in plastic wrap.
- 7Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 8Roll ½ teaspoonfuls of each color of dough in to 3-inch ropes.
- 9Place each green rope next to a white rope; press together gently and twist.
- 10Repeat with red ropes and remaining white ropes.
- 11Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 12Curve one end, forming a cane.
- 13Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set.
- 14Cool for 2 minutes; carefully remove to wire racks.
- 15(Recipe courtesy: Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 19.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g