1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Cookies
Charlotte J's Note:
The peppermint/sugar mixture on top of these cookies are a nice finishing touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix the crushed peppermint candy and granulated sugar together and set aside.
- 3Mix shortening, sugar, egg and flavorings together.
- 4Add flour and salt and mix.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Add food coloring to one half and mix well.
- 7Make one cookie at a time by: Rolling a 4" strip (use about 1 tsp of dough) from each color.
- 8Place strips side-by-side, press lightly together and twist like a rope.
- 9Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Curve top down to form handle of the cane.
- 11Bake about 9 minutes.
- 12Remove from baking sheet.
- 13While still warm sprinkle with the candy/sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: