Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a very rich cheesecake. Perfect for Snickers Bar fans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (, 38 cookies)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 (2 ounce) packages Snickers candy bars, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 325 dgrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix cookie crumbs, peanuts and margarine (or butter).
- Press evenly in bottom of springform pan, 9 x 3 inches.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with white and brown sugars until smooth, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix well again.
- Beat in 1/4 cup whipping cream.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours, turn off oven, leave oven door open, let cheesecake cool in oven for 15 minutes to prevent cheesecake from cracking.
- Carefully remove from oven, put in place away from drafts.
- After 45 minutes, run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate cheesecake overnight or longer to allow flavors to mingle.
- Melt the Snickers bars in 1 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/2 cup whipping cream, stir until smooth.
- Transfer to refrigerator to cool.
- Remove cheesecake from pan and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve sauce with cheesecake.
- VARIATION: Use crushed chocolate wafers if you prefer a chocolate crumb crust.
Oh My Goodness!!! This is soooo good! I had a cheesecake like this when we were traveling across country and wished I could make my own. Now I can! Very easy to put together. I didn't change a thing.