Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Sandra Lee on the Food Network. Fun to make and tasty. I used Red Delicious apples, and they were just the right ratio of sweet and tart.
- 1 (14 ounce) package strawberry glaze
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 6 large apples
- 6 wooden skewers or 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- chopped nuts, if desired
- Combine glaze and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve Jello in hot water and pour into saucepan with glaze mixture. Cook to hard crack stage on a candy thermometer.
- Insert wooden sticks into tops of apples (remove stems)and dip apples into glaze, turning to coat. Roll in nuts if desired and place on parchment lined sheet pan to cool.