Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook8 hrs 15 mins
Yes you read right, candied zucchini. This is a great way to use that zucchini that you didn't notice until it was a foot and a half long.
- Peel and cut off ends of zucchini. Quarter length wise and remove seeds and soft centers with a spoon. Cut into half inch pieces.
- Combine 2 cups sugar, water and kool-ade in a medium pot. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar disolves. Reduce heat to medium low and add zucchini.
- Simmer until zucchini is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Set a strainer over a large bowl and drain zucchini. Allow to drain and cool for 30 minutes. Reserve liquid for making more candy later.
- Place zucchini pieces in a food dehydrator for about 8 hours or until mostly dry but still slightly sticky (Alternately you could place pieces on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet and put in the oven set to the lowest temperature with the door craked slightly).
- Roll pieces in granulated sugar and let cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.