8 hrs 25 mins
8 hrs 15 mins
Yes you read right, candied zucchini. This is a great way to use that zucchini that you didn't notice until it was a foot and a half long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut off ends of zucchini. Quarter length wise and remove seeds and soft centers with a spoon. Cut into half inch pieces.
- 2Combine 2 cups sugar, water and kool-ade in a medium pot. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar disolves. Reduce heat to medium low and add zucchini.
- 3Simmer until zucchini is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 4Set a strainer over a large bowl and drain zucchini. Allow to drain and cool for 30 minutes. Reserve liquid for making more candy later.
- 5Place zucchini pieces in a food dehydrator for about 8 hours or until mostly dry but still slightly sticky (Alternately you could place pieces on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet and put in the oven set to the lowest temperature with the door craked slightly).
- 6Roll pieces in granulated sugar and let cool completely.
- 7Store in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered drink mix