Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This recipe is so easy to make: you just roast the berries and they become edible. Just try eating a raw berry! Be sure to note several ways to use candied cranberries at the end of the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cranberries on a shallow baking pan with sides. Distribute sugar over berries.
- Bake in a preheated 275 degree F. oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Occasionally turn berries gently by sliding flat pancake turner under them. When done, cool and refrigerate or freeze in containers.
- Uses for Candied Cranberries.:.
- Use in fruitcakes.
- Use as a relish.
- Use to decorate a baked ham by sticking a whole clove through each berry and using berries to outline a Christmas design on top of ham.