Prep 1 hr
Cook 72 hrs
I like to use the leftover syrup from this recipe mixed with orange juice or in other recipes
- Stir the water and sugar until dissolved and bring to a boil.
- Have ready in a heat resistant bowl.
- 1 quart cranberries.
- Pour the boiling syrup over the berries. Put the bowl in a steamer, for 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool without stirring.
- Leave in a warm, dry room for 3-4 days. Stir at intervals.
- When the syrup reaches a jelly like consistency, remove berries and let them dry for 3 days longer- out of the syrup. Or dry overnight in a dehydrator.
- Turn them for uniform drying. When the fruit can be handled easily. Store in a tightly covered container.