Make and share this Candied Chipotle Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices thick-cut hickory smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon southwest chipotle seasoning, mix (Mrs. Dash, Tones, Konriko or homemade)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange slices on baking sheet; bake until almost crisp (8-9 minutes). Drain the drippings from baking sheet and discard.
- In small bowl, combine agave nectar, chipotle seasoning and pepper. Brush bacon with the chipotle mixture; bake until glazed (8-10 minutes).
Girl, oh girl is this good. Made exactly as written but I used the cayenne pepper option and am I ever glad that I did. Sweet, spicy and hot, just the way I like it. Everything shone, it was sweet but you could taste the pork, spices, and heat. I ate all this myself, I am ashame to say. For breakfast, I rolled a Australian Pikelet around the bacon to make a mini sandwich, so tasty. For lunch I made a bacon sandwich on sweet mexican bread with a crisp watermelon salad. It was great in both forms. A tasty treat that has many varied uses. Thank you so much for sharing this treat. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Mexico
Used Southwest Dry Rub to make this and it was a perfect match! This bacon is so flavorful and good. It is sweet and you can taste all the spices without it being spicy. I left out the pepper but otherwise made as written. Made for PRMR.