- Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside. Wash and dry apples.
- Insert a stick through stem, leaving about two inches sticking out. In saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until ingredients are dissolved and liquid boils.
- Set a candy thermometer in mixture and continue cooking, without stirring until temperature reaches 290 degrees, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chopped peanuts in a bowl.
- Remove syrup from heat and dip the apples, one by one, to coat evenly.
- Work quickly.
- As you dip each apple roll in peanuts to coat then place on prepared cookie sheet. Let apples cool for at least an hour.