Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great Italian appetizer that wont break your budget! Use slices of bread, cut off the crusts and cut into squares to get the required sized bread squares called for in the ingredients. Use leftover bread pieces to create stuffing etc. You can increase the quantity easily as you desire.
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 6 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 pitted black olives, sliced in half
- 12 slices bread, 1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inches wide
- Process all ingredients except olives and bread in a food processor.
- Spread the mixture over the slices of bread, and garnish with a black olive slice or two in the center.
- It also looks nice to put a thin slice of smoked salmon on top and then an olive piece.
This makes a nice rich salmon spread. I served this at room temperature for full flavor, on sliced baguette, with sliced black olives and capers on top. A must try if you like smoked salmon!
WOW, this tastes GREAT! The tastes of the different products, blend so well! This will go in my New Years Eve Cookbook!