Recipe by PCrocker
I found this recipe in a community cookbook years ago. They are a nice chewy bar cookie with a shortbread crust. I love them!
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine powdered sugar and flour together in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine cornmeal.
- Press into bottom of greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While crust is baking, mix filling ingredients together.
- Pour filling mixture over baked crust and return to oven.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into small squares.
- Note: This recipe doubles well.