Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
As if there isnt enough meatloaf recipes in the world, yet I present one more. This one is a bit different from your gramma's meatloaf as it is a rollup with broccoli and ham inside. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces sliced smoked ham
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, 3-inch squares cut diagonally (optional)
- Rinse frozen broccoli under cold running water to separate pieces; drain well.
- Mix hamburger, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano.
- Place mixture on a large sheet of aluminum foil and shape into a rectangle 12 by 10 inches.
- Arrange broccoli on hamburger mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange ham on top of the broccoli.
- Roll up the rectangle carefully, beginning at the short side and using foil to lift. Press edges and ends of roll to seal.
- Place on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Cook uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 75 minutes.
- Overlap cheese on top; cook just until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute longer.
- The centre of the meat-loaf roll may look pink due to the ham.
- Do-ahead tip: After rolling, cover and refrigerate meat-loaf roll no longer than 24 hours. Cook as directed, but increase cooking time to 90 minutes.