1/2 Photos of Can Do Quick Sweet Dough
1 hr 30 mins
My Grandma raised 6 kids, and has oodles of Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren. She loved to bake -- most of her recipes were from memory. Before she passed away, I was able to watch her make this dough and wrote the measurements down. It is a favorite of all the family, so I wanted to share it with everyone. Good for cinnamon rolls, or dinner rolls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs, 2 1/2 cups flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2Blend 30 seconds on low speed, scraping sides and bottom of the bowl.
- 3Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in remaining 3 cups of flour. Dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- 4Knead for about 5 minutes on a lightly floured board. Shape as desired. Let rise in a warm place until double. (about 1 hour -- depending on temperature) Dough is ready to bake if slight dent remains when touched. Bake at 375 degrees. I don't have a bake time, but 20 minutes is about standard. It is best to keep a close eye.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Can Do Quick Sweet Dough
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 271.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g