Recipe by Lainey6605
I have never had sticky chicken, but I saw this recipe in the newspaper recently and thought I'd try it sometime.The recipe explains how to prepare this ahead of time so you can make it for an easy campfire meal. We don't go camping, but I figure you can make it at home, too! The recipe source is from Don Jacobson's "The One Pan Gourmet".
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very good and different. We all enjoyed this over rice and my kids have asked for it again - so it goes straight into the keeper file. The sauce was a wonderful, savoury treat.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Before you leave home, cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Wrap the cubes in a packet of heavy-duty foil, then freeze.
- Just before leaving for your trip, loosely wrap the frozen packet in a second layer of foil.
- The chicken will keep for 24-36 hours.
- When you're ready to cook, combine all ingredients (breaking up the frozen chicken cubes as needed) in a frying pan set over a medium campfire.
- Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Can be served with quinoa, couscous or brown rice.