Khmer Krom baked chicken wings with sweet and spicy sauce is another delicious variation on some of the Cambodian recipes I received from students....NEW note-- as for being authentic or "really" Cambodian, all I can tell you is that I've had similar chicken at three different students' homes and this was from one student's grandmother. It's pretty good regardless!
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce (more is better)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs approx 10 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk green onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with honey, oyster sauce , paprika and hot sauce together, set aside.
- Cut wings at joints. Discard tips and place wings in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce with fish sauce, salt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, green onion and black pepper together.
- Pour sauce over chicken wings, mix well, and refrigerate over night or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Bake wings without cover for 30 minutes or till golden brown.
- Brushed prepared honey sauce evenly on cooked wings.
- Return wings to oven, continue to bake for 5 more minutes before serving.
- Serve hot or warm.