1/2 Photos of Calzones Provencal
Boo Chef in West Texas's Note:
This is a good meatless calzone Cannellini beans and provolone cheese are the base for this meatless "sandwich," with spinach & olives baked inside folded pizza dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (786.69 g) can refrigerated pizza dough or 2 (786.69 g) can favorite recipe pizza dough
- 283.49 g box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 236.59 ml shredded provolone cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped black olives
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, salt, fennel seeds, rosemary, pepper and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Grease or spray 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets. Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface and press each into a 12 inch square.
- 4Cut each into 4, 6-inch squares.
- 5Combine spinach, provolone and olives.
- 6Spread bean mixture over half of each dough square, dividing evenly, and then top with spinach mixture.
- 7Fold other half of dough over filling, stretching slightly to fit. Press edges with fork to seal well. Cut a slit in top of each and place on cookie sheet.
- 8Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calzones Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 646.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: