Top Review by VegeTara
I'm a big fan of oil & vinegar dressings, but oil is so high in calories/fat so I was looking for a substitute. I made the basic recipe and it's perfect! This is a great way to cut calories w/o cutting flavor. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a pint jar; cover tightly and shake.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Shake before using.
- Green Onion Dressing: add 2 or 3 minced green onions.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: replace white vinegar with 1/2 cup cider vinegar; omit paprika.
- Add 1 teaspoon poppyseeds.
- Dilly Dressing: replace white vinegar with 1/2 cup malt vinegar.
- Omit paprika.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed.