My family loves hot wings! After several attempts of trying to re-create the restaurant hot wings, I finally came up with this recipe which my whole family seems to approve. My husband thinks they could be hotter, but then again, he adds red pepper flakes to most of his food. The kids and I think they are hot enough, but add even more Tabasco if you wish!
- In a bowl, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper; mix.
- Rinse off wings and coat in flour mixture.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place wings on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake wings for 40 minutes, turning once 1/2 way through cooking.
- While wings are baking, combine butter, Frank's hot sauce, and Tabasco in a plastic bowl with lid.
- Once wings are finished baking, place 8-10 wings in the bowl.
- Cover and shake to coat.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing!
I have to thank you for this GREAT recipe!!! My boyfriend and I love hot and spicy foods. We have been trying a wide variety of Hot wings and we have to say by far you're "call the fire department hot wings" are the best yet!! Sincerely, Molly & Mark Baldur, Manitoba CANADA
These are very good Buffalo wings, but the extra work involved with the breading and refrigeration didn't make much difference. Simply basting the wings with the sauce and shaking afterwards will provide the same flavor.
These were good, but not the best I have ever had. As another reviewer said, the breading did not make much sense. Also, I had problems removing them from the baking pan, so I would suggest spraying the pan or drizzling butter over them before baking. To my taste, the 1/2 tsp salt called for was not enough. Perhaps not adding the salt to the flour and instead sprinkling them with salt before flouring them would result in tastier wings. I also baked them at 425 degrees for the same amount of baking time to make them crispier.