Recipe by (dear prudence)
A fresh summer recipe From a Pampered Chef cookbook. These are really good. Low fat and low cholesterol
Top Review by Susie D
I liked that this recipe lists low fat products. I made as directed other than adding a sprinkle of seasoning to the avocado mixture and using whole wheat tortillas. An easy & tasty lunch. Made for Fall -09 Pick A Chef.
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 large fat free tortillas
- 6 -12 large lettuce leaves
- 8 ounces thinly sliced reduced-fat deli smoked turkey
- 4 ounces salad mixed sprouts
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice tomato and slice green onions. Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin. Mash avocado in a bowl. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and salt.
- Top each tortilla with a level scoop of avocado mixture; spread. Cover with one or two lettuce leaves. Place one turkey slice over the lettuce. Top with 1/2 Celsius salad sprouts; sprinkle with 2 T. tomato and 1 T.each green onion and cheese.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly. Cut each wrap in half.