Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A recipe I'm planning to try soon.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups dates, chopped and tossed with
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped coarsely pecans
- In a very large bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs, then chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat in milk.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat into chocolate mixture and then stir in dates and pecans.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake cake in a 350F oven about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.