1/1 Photo of California Club Sandwich
Kana Kahuna's Note:
Really nothing more than a traditional club sandwich with avocado, but it really makes a difference in texture as I have always found club sandwiches to be a little dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the bread in a toaster, or under a broiler on both sides.
- 2Arrange 3 bread slices in a row. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over 1 side of each bread slice. Place a lettuce stack on top of the first bread slice, top with 2 tomato slices, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place 2 slices bacon over the tomatoes (broken to fit neatly if necessary) and top with the chicken (without letting any hang over the sides).
- 3Add avocado slices & season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Repeat with the second bread slice. Carefully place the second layered bread slice on top of the first layered bread, chicken side-up. Cover with the third bread slice.
- 4Pin the sandwich's layers together by piercing them with 4 frill picks or cocktail swords through the top bread slice, in 4 places in a diamond-like pattern, all the way to the bottom bread slice.
- 5Using a serrated knife cut sandwich, diagonally, into 4 triangular pieces (each piece should be secured in the center with a pick or sword).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 924.3
- Calories from Fat 505
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 1522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 45.0 g