Really nothing more than a traditional club sandwich with avocado, but it really makes a difference in texture as I have always found club sandwiches to be a little dry.
- Toast the bread in a toaster, or under a broiler on both sides.
- Arrange 3 bread slices in a row. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise over 1 side of each bread slice. Place a lettuce stack on top of the first bread slice, top with 2 tomato slices, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place 2 slices bacon over the tomatoes (broken to fit neatly if necessary) and top with the chicken (without letting any hang over the sides).
- Add avocado slices & season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Repeat with the second bread slice. Carefully place the second layered bread slice on top of the first layered bread, chicken side-up. Cover with the third bread slice.
- Pin the sandwich's layers together by piercing them with 4 frill picks or cocktail swords through the top bread slice, in 4 places in a diamond-like pattern, all the way to the bottom bread slice.
- Using a serrated knife cut sandwich, diagonally, into 4 triangular pieces (each piece should be secured in the center with a pick or sword).
I only made and regular sandwich using these ingredients, but the flavor was awesome! I used rotisserie chicken cut into small pieces and just enough chopped crispy cooked real bacon to add flavor. I will definitely make again : ) Thank you, Kana Kahuna
Awesome recipe. These are very much like the California Club sandwiches we used to get at the White Spot (a very old and popular restaurant chain in BC ). The only differences are they mashed and spiced the avocado and spread chili sauce on the bread next to the chicken. Oh, I miss those sandwiches! Thanks so much for posting!