Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home. Cooking time does not include 1 hour chill time.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, green onions, tomatoes, onion and red pepper.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Used half of a large Vidalia onion here along with the green onions & the other ingredients & had A GREAT BEAN SALAD, & 2 of us managed to devour it in just two meals! This recipe is certainly worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 5]
Tagged for Veg*n Swap. I halved the recipe, but used 1 small red onion and 1 green onion and forgot to halve the dressing. That was okay, it wasn't too much. I did use fresh black beans and added a little garlic powder. I liked it better the next day, after it had time to marinate, but I think it had too much onion. Next time, I would cut out one of the onions.
I really liked this dish. It makes an excellent main dish salad. I followed the recipe as written. I used a regular cooking onion. Next time I'll probably use a Vidalia or red onion. Made for Recipe Swap 15