Prep 50 mins
Cook 8 mins
I had a couple of avocados to use up and I love bruschetta, so I came up with this unique combination of flavors to serve at a recent dinner party. Prep time includes the 30 minute refrigeration. Enjoy :)
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix one clove of minced garlic with tomato, avocado, onion, cheese, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper & 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices, on the diagonal.
- Lightly brush both sides of the bread with 2 tbs of the EVOO.
- Toast bread on baking sheet for 4 minutes on each side.
- Rub one side with a clove of garlic.
- Top each slice of bread with 2-3 tbs of avocado mixture and serve immediately.