Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My co-worker Caleen brought this dish to potluck's at work.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 3 -5 dill pickles, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) monterey jack cheese, diced
- 1 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen peas
- mayonnaise (enough for individual taste)
- Mix all ingredients together, except for frozen peas.
- Add peas last to avoid smashing.
A very nice rice salad. I halved the recipe and used Basmati Brown rice and Edam cheese as we don't get Monetrey Jack Cheese in NZ. I cooked the peas before adding them to the rice mixture. Well worth making with enough left over for tonights meal. MAde for Aussie / Kiwi Swap January 2014.