Recipe by Starrynews
This is a delicious, very simple soup with great flavors. It is largely broth/water-based with some easy ingredients to add flavor. You can decrease the amount of jalapeno if you'd prefer it to be a bit milder (or remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos). I received this from a friend at my bridal shower. This is the basic recipe, but you could always add more to the soup if you wanted to make it heartier or use it as an entree - another 1 lb of mushrooms works well, or some shredded chicken, beans, etc.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1892.72 ml water or 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Stir in jalapenos and mushrooms and cover pot, reducing heat to low.
- Let vegetables sweat for about 10 minutes, or until softened and juices are released from the mushrooms.
- Add water or broth, salt and pepper to taste, and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, then serve immediately.