Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had this at a restaurant and ran home to figure out how to make it. It's such a delicious and unusual starter for a meal.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb calamari, rings uncooked
- Bring a saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil.
- Add the squid and cook until just firm (about 2-3 minutes)-do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse immediately under cold running water.
- Drain well and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, simmer the balsamic vinegar (stirring occasionally) until it becomes thick and syrupy.
- It should reduce to about 1/2 cup or maybe less.
- Toss the calamari with the balsamic reduction and serve warm.