Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Who doesn't love squid covered in breadcrumbs, it is perfect for an entry
Make and share this Calamari recipe from Food.com.
- clean squid:.
- hold squid with one hand, with the other hand hold head and pull gently, head and inside of body will come away in one compact piece.
- cut tentacles from head.
- remove bone found at open end of squid (it looks like a long thin piece of plastic).
- clean squid under cold running water
- rub of brown outer skin.
- cut squid into 5mm rings.
- To make calamari:.
- dip rings into combined beaten egg and milk.
- drain off excess then toss in breadcrumbs.
- pat breadcrumbs on firmly with fingertips.
- (two cloves of fresh garlic can be added to the egg and milk).
- heat oil in large saucepan.
- drop squid rings into deep hot oil, a small batch at a time.
- cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain the rings well on absorbent paper.
- (to save oil, shallow fry by only filling oil to half way up the rings and cooking 1-2 minutes then turning and cooking 1-2 minutes on other side).
- serve hot with lemon wedges or tartare sauce.
spectacular!!! My family absolutely loved it. thx for the recipe.â˜ºâ˜»