1/1 Photo of Cakeballs - Pineapple Upside Down Cake
These are sinfully good. Sweet and fruity creamy goodness! I have to give a lot of credit to ElaineM's recipe for pineapple upside down cake because that is what I used for this recipe, and I highly recommend you using it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, flake the cake into crumbs with a fork.
- 2Stir in the mascarpone and cherries until completely blended.
- 3Place in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 2 days to make the mixture easier to roll into balls.
- 4Roll mixture into 1-inch balls, place on cookie sheet and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes to stiffen balls.
- 5Melt white chocolate over double boiler.
- 6Dip balls into chocolate, one at a time and covering all sides, before placing on parchment or wax paper to set (I do this by dropping them into the chocolate and using two forks to coat them and than retrieve them. Make show to lightly tap the fork to the edge of the double boiler top to get rid of excess).
- 7Let set and serve.
- 8These last for a good amount of time in the refrigerator, about 1 week.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cakeballs - Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: