A co-worker gave me this recipe. You can use any flavor cake mix and icing you choose. My preference is lemon, but I have used a red velvet mix and tinted almond bark with green coloring for christmas. You must refrigerate cake mix in order to roll into balls. I find it is easier to work with half of cake and leave other half in the freezer while dipping. Have fun experimenting with different flavors.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix, any brand
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) containerready made lemon frosting, any brand
- 1 (20 ounce) package almond bark (vanilla confectioner's coating)
- Bake cake according to directions on package.
- Let cool completely.
- Crumble cake mix in large bowl and mix in container of icing.
- Mix well (I find it is easiest to use hands).
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or until it will hold together when rolled into a 2 inch ball.
- In saucepan over low heat or double boiler, melt almond bark.
- Roll cake mixture into 2 inch balls.
- Dip balls in melted almond bark and set on waxed paper to dry.