Recipe by Sharon123
An amazing tofu transformation! You can use store bought cajun seasoning or make your own. Adapted from How It All Vegan cookbook.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey (or use sweetener of choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the drained tofu into long narrow strips(about 1/4" thickness). They may look big, but they will shrink during baking.
- In a bowl, whisk the Braggs(or soy sauce), liquid smoke, water, cajun spice, and honey.
- Place the tofu strips in a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet and pour the marinade over them. Let marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight for best results.
- Cook the tofu in a food dehydrator, using directions, or bake in the oven for about 4-6 hours at 200*F.
- Turn the tofu over once every hour to bake it evenly. Continue until the texture is very chewy, but not crispy. This will keep indefinitely. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.