4 hrs 15 mins
An amazing tofu transformation! You can use store bought cajun seasoning or make your own. Adapted from How It All Vegan cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the drained tofu into long narrow strips(about 1/4" thickness). They may look big, but they will shrink during baking.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the Braggs(or soy sauce), liquid smoke, water, cajun spice, and honey.
- 3Place the tofu strips in a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet and pour the marinade over them. Let marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight for best results.
- 4Cook the tofu in a food dehydrator, using directions, or bake in the oven for about 4-6 hours at 200*F.
- 5Turn the tofu over once every hour to bake it evenly. Continue until the texture is very chewy, but not crispy. This will keep indefinitely. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Tofu Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs amino acids