Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not for the faint of heart. Posted in response to a recipe request.
Make and share this Cajun Stuffed Pistolettes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 lb cubed Velveeta cheese
- 2 lbs cooked crawfish or 2 lbs shrimp or 2 lbs crab
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 20 pistolettes rolls (palm-sized oval brown and serve rolls, You could also use regular B&S rolls for more petite servings)
- oil (for frying)
- Saute vegetables in butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Add milk, cheese, seafood and seasonings.
- Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Keep warm.
- Fill frying pan about halfway with oil and heat.
- Fry rolls until golden brown all over.
- While they're still hot, make a slit in one end.
- Use a spoon to make a cavity in the roll and stuff the cavity with the seafood mixture.
- Eat while hot.