Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is not a shy little bread, but one that will send a wake-up call to your taste buds. This recipe makes a 2 pound loaf.
- 1 1⁄8 cups water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients into a bread machine with a 2 pound capacity (or larger) in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set the machine to the regular bake cycle.
This is an excellent bread, but the recipe makes a 1 1/2-pound loaf, not a 2-pound loaf. Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic is a good seasoning to use.
Made small loaves of this for the holidays and got good reviews from everyone who received it. Goes great with a hot bowl of soup!