Woman's World 7/18/00. You will love these big, fluffy, peppery biscuits, and because they start with a convenient baking mix, you'll love how easy it is to make them!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄3 cups bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine baking m ix, mustard powder, cracked pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Stir in milk until combined and dough just forms.
- Turn dough out onto work surface dusted with additional baking mix; roll out to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using 2-1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 6 biscuits, rerolling scraps.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Brush tops with melted butter; serve warm with additional butter, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OOOOOO-EEEEEE! These were GOOD. Rather than roll them out, I simply petted them into rounds in my hands. They ended up light and fluffy, a wee dry but not enough to be drop biscuits, and ever so spicy. It was enough spice to notice, but not enough to put off my kids, which was lovely. Next time I am adding a 1/2 c. of shredded sharp cheddar! Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.Reply
see 2 more