- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrot, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in black-eyed peas.
- Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley flakes.