1/1 Photo of Cajun Rice and Black-Eyed Peas
This is what I made for New Year's Day this year. The recipe is from Woman's World magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Stir in onion, celery, carrot, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add broth; bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in rice.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 6Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Stir in black-eyed peas.
- 8Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in parsley flakes.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Rice and Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 513.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: