Recipe by justcallmetoni
Although there are several recipes for Cajun flavored popcorn posted, this fiery blend has a unique combination of spices. Use this on your favorite popcorn popped in a microwave, on the stove or using popcorn popper. You will need a little moisture to get the spices to adhere, the choice (butter, margarine or a low calorie butter substitute) is yours. Store the spice in a air-tight container as you would other spice blends.
Top Review by Lumberjackie
This was delicious! I found it was too salty with the full 1/2 tbsp. of salt. Next time I'll leave the salt out of the mix altogether and add it to the popcorn separately to taste. I used a little under 1 tbsp. of spice for 1 cup of unpopped corn kernels.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chef's Note: The amount of cayenne is a matter of taste but also the heat level of your paprika. If you are in the slightest bit timid, start with 1/2 teaspoon, blend and add more if desired.
- Mix all spices together in spice grinder or mini processor. Pulse quickly to mix spices and to break up the leaves of the herbs.
- Sprinkle on popcorn to taste. Hot stuff!