Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
These spicy nuts make great nibbles. They are also good to give as gifts. Put them in glass jars and decorate with a bow.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this is enough for my taste; add more if you want them hotter)
- Add all the ingredients to a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Change cooking temperature to LOW and cook, uncovered, for 2 hours, stir occasionally.
- Turn nuts out onto a baking sheet and let cool completely.
Very good and very easy!
These were good to take to a party as a guest. We also mixed some into chicken salad...super decilcious!
Was about to make my recipe for this public, but I can see I am not the only one who liked to make this as a gift! This is a favorite among my friends during the holidays, and it's super-esay to make!