Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was searching for Canadian Garlic Fingers and came across these addictive little darlings. Vampires beware!
- 4 French rolls (12 inch)
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup louisiana cajun seasoning
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the minced garlic.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise then cut it cross ways in 1" inch strips.
- Dip the bread strips into the butter/garlic mixture soaking all sides.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- With a basting brush, brush the rest of the butter/garlic onto bread.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and serve.
Addictive is the word - you got that right. I cut the bread on the diagonal and it looked really nice. Should have made double batch they disappeared so fast. Not for butter-challenged dieters.
This is the third time that I have made this very easy tasty recipe. I used a baguette sliced in 1/2" slices. I just took them to the point of painting them with the garlic butter then I baked them and will freeze them - that is all except the ones I used today adding the parmesan cheese and Adobo spice. The frozen ones I will use in two ways like the reecipe says and some with chopped tomato under the cheese Thanks for a third time Mirj - love them 5 star all the way! After I dipped the bread strips in the butter I scooped out bits of the minced garlic and added them to each bread strip - baked them until just starting to go golden, cooled them and froze - I will defrost half way before heating then bake in 375F oven for 10-15 minutes remove from oven and sprinkle with Cajun -They are fab even without the cajun!!! Obviously I sampled a couple. Thanks Mirjam this is a wonderful addition to my appetizer hoard â€” Dec 12, 2003, 4 members found this helpful Added Comments. These garlic fingers are so easy to make and so tasty. This time I cut them in irregular shapes and I like the variety Once again Mirj Thanks
Really good. I followed the directions exactly. The cook time was perfect. They came out nice and crunchy.