Recipe by randy.mask
My healthier (low-fat and lower salt) version of the grocery store type crab dip.
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (surimi)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (use Worcestershire sauce if not available)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, diced finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and crab meat.
- Mix in the cheese and 1/2 the crab meat until mixed well. The crab meat will break into fine pieces.
- Mix in the rest of the crab meat, being careful to leave some larger chunks for texture.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Check seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Serve with crackers, or to keep it healthy, with carrots, celery and slices of zucchini.