Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this in a Taste of Home Magazine. Quick and delicious.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 32 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and green onion about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add flour and cook until bubbly stirring occasionally.
- Add water, stewed and chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix well.
- Stir in the corn, ham, kielbasa, cayenne, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.