Recipe by Bayou Andy
I got this recipe from a relative and do not know where they got it or when. To give it a little more "flair" you can add in a few shakes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Add salt to suit your taste. Good, quick, and simple.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice with a little butter and salt added.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in one stick of butter.
- Combine rice, 2 cans corn, sauted vegetables, and jalapeno peppers.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Mix in velveeta and 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees.