This recipe is very tasty but also spicy!!
Make and share this Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 thinly sliced green onion (1 to 2)
- 1 cup heavy cream (1 to 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute chicken in butter until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and onions, and cook for 2-3 minutes .
- Reduce heat; add heavy cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper and heat through.
- In a large bowl toss linguini with sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
I used about 1 tsp cajun seasoning, also had no green onions so I used a small red one and sliced that thinly. Had my son and his girlfriend with us to enjoy it and enjoy we did, very tasty. Thanks for posting. =)
OMG!!!! This is SOOOO Good!! I used more Cajun seasoning and upped the spices a little. We like a little more flavor. Red and yellow or orange peppers make this a beautiful dish, as well. I omit the mushrooms as Dahling and I are not too crazy about them and the taste is still wonderful.This has quickly become a favorite at our house. It's really very quick and I make it in a large skillet so I have only the pasta pot and skillet for clean up. I serve it with a salad (dressed with a wonderful tangy dressing) and breadsticks or French bread. Yumm!!!!
Very good .. My husband thought it was too spicy, so next time i will reduce the amount of cajun ..