Recipe by yooper
Haven't tried this yet but it looks interesting! A little something different for those who are tired of the traditional Lasagna. I would be tempted to add additional layers of cheese, because I love cheese!
Top Review by WorkingMom2three
I made the Better Homes and Gardens version of this (http://www.bhg.com/recipe/andouille-chicken-lasanga/), and it was time consuming, but good. I made my own Alfredo sauce because I prefer it to the jarred, and I thought there was one layer too many - next time I would just use 12 lasagna noodles and do two layers of the chicken/alfredo. My third layer ended up being about 1/2c of filling, which was really bare. I found a package of andouille sausage at Wegmans, it was only 12 ounces, but I figured that was enough. I may add more vegetables next time too - maybe some carrot and mushroom, just to make the filling very veg and meat friendly.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 lb andouille sausage, quartered length wise and sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) containers alfredo sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for eight to ten minutes, or until al dente;drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning and sage.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 8 minutes.
- Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Saute onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in meat and one container alfredo sauce.
- Lightly grease a nine-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Cover bottom with 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread with half the meat mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with a layer of noodles.
- Spread remaining alfredo sauce over top.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake one hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.