Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent, juicy, divine chicken, rice and broccoli! A wonderful meal-in-one dish... Used this recipe on a Panthers vs. Saints football Sunday--in honor of the New Orleans Saints. Excellent game. I can't wait for the Panthers to play New Orleans again!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked white rice (do not use brown rice)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Sprinkle Cajun spice evenly on each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in vegetable oil-sprayed cooking dish (large sized).
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and broccoli.
- Pour this mixture on top and around chicken in casserole dish.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove casserole from oven; top with shredded Provolone and continue baking (uncovered, this time!) about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- NOTE: Unfortunately, brown rice does not perform as well as white in most recipes. Brown rice normally needs to be cooked nearly twice as long. For this reason, I do not recommend substituting brown rice for white in this particular recipe. :).
I prepared this with 2 chicken breasts and halved the ingrediants. It came out very well, with enough leftovers for 2 people the next day.
Made this with brown rice and it didn't work at all. Can't tell you why. In order to "fix" it I added a lot of water and covered the casserole after the first hour. Even after another hour the rice was still crunchy and I gave up.