Recipe by Kikimony
Haven't tried this yet but it looks yummy!
Top Review by Miss Annie
Terrific....this was the verdict on this wonderfuly moist cake. The pineapple in the cake was very good, combining with the tropical-like icing. It was a festive cake and was definately a crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (11 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all dry ingredients for the cake together.
- Mix with eggs and pineapples; pour into 9x13 greases and floured pan.
- Bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes; do NOT remove cake from pan.
- As soon as cake comes out of the oven, have icing ready and pour evenly on top.
- ICING:Combine sugar, maragrine, and milk in pot; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove from heat and stir in cocount and pecans.
- Mix thoroughly and spread evenly on hot cake.