Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was served to me at lunch the other day it is tasty low in fat and easy to do. I am not sure where the recipe comes from so have name it after my friend Barbara
- Heat an oiled large pan and cook the beef in batches until browned and done to your liking.
- Add the onion, capsicum and seasoning to same pan and cook stirring until the onion is browned lightly.
- Cut each tomato into 8 wedges and add to the pan& simmer uncovered about 15 mins until the mixture thickens.
- Return the beef to the pan and toss to combine with the tomato mixture.
- Trim ends from bread stick; quarter the stick then split the pieces almost all the way through.
- Line the bread with lettuce leaves and divide the beef mixture among the bread pieces just before serving.
Oh this is great, I was only serving 2 and used 300 grams rump steak and 2 tomatoes, I also cut the cajun spice by half as my son doesnt like things too spicy. Really enjoyed the vegetable mix, great recipe.