Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I found this cocktail recipe on the CookBrazil website. The Caiprinhia cocktail was designated the National Cocktail of Brazil, and has simple ingredients of limes, Cachaca liqueur, superfine sugar and crushed ice. For flavor variations, you can add other fruits like raspberries or cherries, or even cucumbers are popular in the summertime. But the authentic version is the lime Caipirinha.
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 -3 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2 ounces cachaca (or light rum or gin or vodka)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- lime wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Place lime and sugar in bottom of cocktail shaker. Muddle lime to release all the citrus juice.
- Add crushed ice and cachaca to the shaker, and shake well.
- Pour shaken cocktail into an old-fashioned glass, and serve with a garnish of fresh lime wedge.
What a nice drink. It was quick and easy to make. I love limes, sugar and rum, this was tailor made for me. Next time I make this I will only use 1 oz of rum, it was a little too strong for me, it probably was the Havana Rum I used. Thanks so much for sharing NWG. Made for ZWT7 (Witchin Kitchen)
I made it for DH and used only 1 tsp sugar cause he doesn't like sweet drinks. He liked it. The only thing he said was that it wasn't a big drink LOL Thanks NorthwestGal :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
Great summer drink! Made for ZWT7