Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Sweet pulled pork, compare to Cafe Rio.
Make and share this Cafe Rio Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs pork roast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can Coke
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Night before mix first 4 dry ingredients and rub on roast. Cook in crock pot on low over night.
- Next morning add last 4 ingredients. Keep on low until ready to serve. Exact time is not needed, Fat from pork will do for liquid element for overnight cooking.
- 1 hour before serving, shred with 2 forks by placing the forks in the pork back to back and then pulling in opposite directions. Repeat until fully shredded. ADD 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Use on salads, tacos or burritos.