Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
How can you go wrong?
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water.
- Stir in the oats; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Beat in reserved oat mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to oat mixture.
- Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake at 359 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.