Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Cafe Au Lait Parfait recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (7 g) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Lite
- Sprinkle gelatine over milk in blender container; let stand 1 minute.
- Add coffee; cover. Blend on low speed 2 minutes or until gelatine is completely dissolved. Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla; cover. Blend on high speed until well blended. Add ice cubes, 1 at a time, covering and blending on high speed after each addition until ice is melted. Pour evenly into 6 parfait glasses.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Top with whipped topping just before serving.
This tasted great - the perfect blend of coffee & chocolate. The texture is very Jell-o like, from the plain gelatin, so don't expect it to be like pudding or mousse. We also used Splenda, and we used canned whipped topping since that's what we had on hand. Thanks for posting! ~Sue
What a treat this is. It has a lot of rich flavor while being light and legal. It's a great ending to a meal, especially if you have had something heavy. I used espresso, Double Dutch coco and Splenda. This was super easy and quick to make. Thank you Reds for another coffee delight :d.