Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar (or as desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon regular instant coffee granules or 1 teaspoon instant decaffeinated coffee
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the milk, sugar and cinnamon mixture until it simmers.
- Place the coffee granules in a mug; add the hot milk and stir until blended.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I am an insomniac, so I cannot drink coffee after dinner...also, I hate decaf AND instant coffee! However, after seeing your recipe, I immediately ran in the kitchen, took out my year old jar (YES, YEAR OLD!) of instant decaf and proceded to make this in the microwave. After one sip, I was thrilled to know that I can still THOROUGHLY ENJOY my after dinner coffee while skipping the caffeine AND getting some MUCH NEEDED CALCIUM to boot! Thanks again :) (Fat free, too...can't get much better than that!!!)
Thanks so much Mini for such a great treat. I have had this twice today!!!!!! It is certainly a pleasant way to get more calcium into a non milk drinker. LOL T love the sweet cinnamon flavour.....a real comfort drink but low in fat....great. This will be a regular from now on for me. Cheers :)
Mini, I've had a very bad day, 'scary' infact. I had this for lunch with 2 slices of bread. It helped me relax. Thank YOU.